Invoicing in Splose is fast, easy and customisable.
This help guide will cover:
- What can be invoiced
- Allocating revenue to invoices and item lines
- Invoice statuses
- How to create an invoice
- How to invoice from other pages
What can be invoiced
The following items can be invoiced:
- Supporting activities
- Expense claims
- Custom items (Write your own invoice line, add a price, tax information etc.)
Allocating revenue to invoices and item lines
Splose invoicing allows you to assign the entire invoice revenue to one practitioner, by selecting the practitioner in the From section. This is critical for payments made using Medipass (such as HICAPS, Medicare, DVA and credit card payments). Assigning revenue is critical for producing accurate reports, especially the Practitioner Billed items report.
Alternatively, you can allocate revenue to a practitioner for individual invoice item lines. This way, individual practitioners can have their revenue attributed to specific item lines.
If you sell products or enter a custom item lines, you may not want to assign revenue to a specific practitioner, but rather the location/business as a whole. To allocate revenue to a business location only, simply remove the practitioner from the selection.
The item will have no practitioner attached.
An invoice can have the following status:
- Awaiting Payment
How to create an invoice
Understanding the invoicing process
Go to Invoices, then click + New invoice.
Invoices are auto-saved, so Splose will attempt to create an invoice and save it as you enter valid information.
Understand the invoice fields:
- The invoice number is auto-generated based on the invoice settings, but you can also edit the invoice number to something else.
- You can set a reference for your own internal note (the recipient won't see this).
- You can set the Issue date and Due date.
- The Recipient can be a Client or Contact. If the client has an address existing, it will be pre-filled and if the contact has a company and address, it will be pre-filled.
- The From will be auto-filled based on the practitioner selected in the invoice. An invoice can have
- You can display none, one or multiple reference numbers on an invoice.
- Use client grouping to attach multiple clients and invoice items all on one invoice. This is especially useful if you need to invoice a contact for multiple clients that you have provided services for.
- The item code, quantity, unit price, discount and tax type can be edited for all invoice items.
- Add any additional information that will be displayed on the invoice (such as your BSB and account details). You can set this up in Settings, Invoices.
- Select the display of the tax breakdown by the subtotal excluding tax, including tax or no tax.
Before viewing the invoice, you can Preview it.
Once ready, click View invoice.
There are multiple actions you can take now that the invoice is a Draft.
Under Actions, you can:
- Reload (Usually used if you have an integration with Xero or Medipass to check if a payment has come through).
- Download PDF (Downloads beautiful PDF of your invoice).
- Mark as sent (Changes the invoice status to Sent or Awaiting Payment).
- Pay with gift voucher (You can search for a gift voucher code and redeem it).
- Edit (Allows you to revise the invoice before sending it or adding a payment).
- Copy public link (Copies a link to the online invoice where recipients can view and pay online when connected to Stripe).
- Delete (Start over by deleting the invoice).
Sending your invoice
If your invoice needs to be sent to the recipient to pay, click Email invoice. Write your own message, then click Send. The recipient will receive an email with a link to the online email and a PDF attached.
Get paid faster with Stripe. Connect Stripe to add a 'Pay now' button on your invoices and let recipients pay securely online with a credit card.
Process payments from the invoice page
Manually record payment
If you use other methods to capture payment, like an EFTPOS terminal, you can add a payment to an invoice
Reverting an invoice to a draft
You can revert an invoice back to draft as long as payment has not been added to the invoice. If a payment has been added and you need to edit an invoice, you must delete the payment first.
Invoicing from other pages
You can also invoice a client directly from the calendar, or from the client's account.