Thanks to our cliniko import tool, you can start working in Splose with all of your existing cliniko data in just a few minutes! There's no lengthy migration required and is something you can do right from the Splose dashboard. Using the import tool is the safest way to possibly move your data from one system to another and is done through an API provided and maintained by cliniko.
This help guide will cover:
What data can be imported from cliniko to Splose
How to create a cliniko API key for Splose
How to manage debtors
How to import your cliniko data into Splose
Getting support during the import process
What can be imported from cliniko to Splose
With our import tool, you can import the following cliniko data automatically:
The data from cliniko
Becomes the data in Splose
Group appointments (with any clients)
Group appointments (with any clients)
Patient file attachments
Practitioner Reference numbers
Treatment note templates
Progress note templates
The following data will not come across automatically:
Online forms and online form templates
Body charts and body chart templates
Letters and letter templates
Invoices and payments
Get an API key from cliniko
1. Log in to your cliniko account and click your name/initials in the bottom left, then click the My info/person icon.
2. If you have not allowed yourself to create API keys, then under "You can not create or use API keys" flick the switch to Yes to Allow yourself to create and use API keys.
Then click Update user.
3. Enter your password and then click Manage API keys.
4. Select + Add an API key.
5. Add a name for your API key. Choose any name, like "API KEY"
6. Copy your API key. Select Done.
📝 We recommend exporting all of your data from cliniko for record-keeping purposes.
Set up your Splose workspace
Data will be mapped from cliniko to Splose, so it's important to set up your workspace beforehand.
Set up all locations in Splose, including any archived locations, so that businesses in cliniko can be mapped to locations in Splose. Unarchive any locations in cliniko that you need to be imported.
Users & Practitioners
Invite all of your practitioners to Splose, including any archived practitioners, so that imported appointments can be mapped to the correct practitioners. Invite other users to your workspace (including practice managers, receptionists and accountants).
Set up services in Splose to map across or let Splose create the services from cliniko.
You can now proceed with the next step!
Import your cliniko data to Splose
1. Log in to your workspace, go to Settings, then Import and click + Import and select cliniko.
2. Paste your cliniko API key. Splose will attempt to add the shard from your API key. The shard represents the region of your data and will be au1, au2, au3, ca1 or uk1.
3. Complete the process of mapping locations, practitioners and services. It is critical that you create all of your practitioners and locations prior to completing this step. If you have not added these, close the import and start over.
You can choose to assign your locations to created locations or choose not to import locations by ignoring the data related to these locations.
Import users & practitioners
Assign users & practitioners from cliniko to Splose.
Assign appointment types from cliniko to services in Splose, or create them as a new service in Splose.
Import your other data
Select other data you want to import.
Review the data you would like to import from cliniko to Splose and then click Submit import request.
The time to complete the import is based on the amount of data you have. You can continue setting up your workspace while the import is in progress. We'll send you an email when your import is complete.
If you are a Xero user and your debtors are in Xero, we recommend keeping them there and managing them using the Aged Receivables report. If your debtors exist in cliniko we recommend creating the debtors in Splose along with the outstanding balance. Create an invoice and add a "Custom" invoice item line and the amount. You can enter the issue date and due date, then email follow-ups right using email templates. Continue debtor management using the Aged Debtors report in Splose.
What happens after the transfer is complete
After the import is complete, you can view it from the Import Settings page. You have 48 hours to delete an import, should anything be missing.
Get support during your transfer
The cliniko import is seamless. Rest assured, our team has helped many other businesses like yours safely transfer data into Splose. We are available to support you with transferring your data. Simply reach out to our support team if you need help.